Our website uses a limited number of cookies to store information on your computer when you are using it.
Cookies are small text files, stored by your browser on your computer, that are used by websites to track your visit and to provide personalised services.
The Marlowe uses the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of online payment services.
Analytical or performance cookies These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purposse.
1) Online ticket booking
- To identify whether cookies can be set on your computer.
- To identify our returning customers to enable personalisation.
- To distinguish between customers when they book their tickets.
- To distinguish which theatre that tickets are being booked for.
- To identify the last time that a customer interacted with our booking site.
Our online ticketing system is provided by Spektrix.
2) Our website
- To manage a visitor’s session, including preferences around dismissing the cookie pop-up and other site messages.
- To track a visitor’s session, including the storing of basket purchase information, to help us evaluate the effectiveness of our website.
- To track a visitor’s session for Google Analytics, which is anonymised data (see point 5), to help us evaluate the effectiveness of our website.
Our website is provided by COG Design.
3) Our emails
- To track and identify visitors to our website who have clicked on an email received from The Marlowe, to allow us to better segment and target our contacts.
- To track visitors as they browse our website and record whether they make a purchase after receiving an email from The Marlowe, to help us evaluate the effectiveness of our email marketing.
- To identify an email contact and allow us to personalise our website when they visit it.
- To assist with security settings for users on shared IP addresses.
Our email system is provided by DotMailer.
4) YouTube & Vimeo videos
Our site features videos that are hosted on YouTube and Vimeo.When you view these videos, or visit a page on our website embedded with content from these media platforms, YouTube and Vimeo may store a cookie on your computer. The Marlowe doesn’t control these cookies, and you can manage your settings directly within those platforms.
5) Google Analytics
To help us evaluate the effectiveness of our websites we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc.
We may also use Google Tag Manager to help us analyse how you interact with our website. We may use Google Tag Manager to track page views, track when you click on links, track conversions when making a purchase, collection information about your browser, and collect information about user behaviour. Google Tag Manager may place cookies on your device.
To find out more about Google Analytics and how to opt out of cookies used for this purpose, visit their website.
6) Managing or disabling cookies
You can disable your browser from accepting cookies when you visit our site. These settings are normally found within the options or preferences menu of your browser.
If you disable cookies when visiting our website, this may impact on your experience of using our site and some features will be unavailable.