Associate schools programme
Our programme with the Royal Shakespeare Company to develop and improve access to Shakespeare.
We are really proud of the schools we work with through the Associate Schools Programme, lead by Canterbury High School and King Ethelbert School in partnership with The Marlowe and the RSC. The programme is targeted towards schools who want to develop and improve access to Shakespeare, and to deliver the best teaching in the classroom through active drama techniques. Through the Associate Schools Programme we’ve been able to offer fantastic development training for teachers across the county.
For students, the programme involves dynamic ways to learn about Shakespeare, artist-led projects, and performance opportunities on our stages, in our local community and at the RSC in Stratford-Upon-Avon.
For more information about the Associate Schools Programme please contact us via email.
Our Associates Schools are:
- Canterbury Academy
- Canterbury Road Primary School, Sittingbourne
- Ethelbert Road Primary School, Faversham
- Towers School And Sixth Form, Ashford
- The Folkestone Academy
- Brenzett Church Of England Primary School
- St Gregory’s Roman Catholic Primary School, Margate
- Dane Court Grammar School, Broadstairs
- The Canterbury Primary School
- The Norton Knatchbull School, Ashford
- St Peter’s Methodist Primary School, Canterbury
- St Nicholas School, Canterbury
- Royal Harbour Academy, Ramsgate
- Strood Academy, Rochester
- St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Aylsham
- St Teresa’s Catholic Primary School, Ashford
- St Peter’s Catholic Primary School, Sittingbourne
- Elham Primary School
- Spires Academy, Canterbury
- Rainham School For Girls
- Simon Langton Girls Grammar School, Canterbury
The RSC Associate Schools Programme connects schools from across Kent with a Lead Associate School, a regional theatre partner and the Royal Shakespeare Company to offer:
- CPD for teachers with artists from the RSC, The Marlowe and from across Kent
- Workshop opportunities for the young people you work with in school and at The Marlowe
- Performance events involving your students in our community, at The Marlowe and at The Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford-Upon-Avon
The aim of the programme is to develop an active approach to teaching Shakespeare across our region in both the primary and secondary sectors.