We provide world-class education and performance opportunities for both teachers and students.
Throughout the year we provide education and performance opportunities for both teachers and students. These opportunities can create networks with other local schools, support career development and help you inspire your young people.
Our workshops and talks illustrate to students the work and creativity that goes into putting on a production and gives them a chance to get creative too – developing specific skills in dance, drama, musicals and physical theatre.
Associate Schools Programme
We are really proud of the schools we work with through the Associate Schools Programme, lead by Canterbury High School and King Ethelbert School in partnership with The Marlowe and the RSC. The programme is targeted towards schools who want to develop and improve access to Shakespeare, and to deliver the best teaching in the classroom through active drama techniques. Through the Associate Schools Programme we’ve been able to offer fantastic development training for teachers across the county.
For students, the programme involves dynamic ways to learn about Shakespeare, artist-led projects, and performance opportunities on our stages, in our local community and at the RSC in Stratford-Upon-Avon.
Our Associates Schools are:
- Canterbury High School (lead school)
- King Ethelbert School, Birchington (lead school)
- Canterbury Primary
- Canterbury Road Primary, Sittingbourne
- Community College Whitstable
- Dame Janet Primary Academy, Ramsgate
- Ethelbert Road Primary, Faversham
- Folkestone Academy
- Herne Bay High School
- Herne Bay Junior School
- King’s Rochester
- Lynsted and Norton Primary School
- Oasis Academy, Minster On Sea
- Rainham School for Girls, Gillingham
- Rochester Grammar School
- Spires Academy, Canterbury
- St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Aylesham
- St Gregory’s Catholic Primary School, Margate
- St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Whitstable
- St Nicholas School, Canterbury
- St Peter’s Catholic Primary School, Sittingbourne
- The Orchard School, Canterbury
- Towers School and Sixth Form, Ashford
The Marlowe Teachers’ Scheme
Our teachers scheme is free to join and offers a range of special benefits including:
- Free tickets for selected shows
- Teacher networking events
- Training and support with CPD
- Education packs
- Advance news of upcoming shows
We offer group discounts for schools on many of our shows. Get in touch with our group sales team on 01227 787787.
The Marlowe Teachers & Schools Programme is kindly supported by The Samuel Feldman NEC Fund.