The Marlowe Kit
The Marlowe Kit is our new venue that will be launched in Spring 2018.
Dedicated to celebrating Kent’s stories and storytellers, this live space will offer an exciting programme of performances, exhibitions, stories and conversations.
It will also be a place to play and create, offering writers and spoken word artists a place to develop and premiere new work.
Celebrating our literary past
Activity in The Kit will celebrate Canterbury’s history, its unique position as a centre of literary heritage and the incredible contribution Kent writers have made to world literature over many centuries.
We’ll be collaborating with partners, audiences and artists to explore Canterbury’s great literary inheritance whilst also inspiring the new writers and storytellers of today.
At the heart of our vision, is a celebration of Christopher Marlowe and the singular place that he occupies at the birth of British drama. A pioneer of modernity and, in the popular imagination, a mysterious and maverick figure, Marlowe will be our guide to finding links between the medieval and modern world.
Plans are well underway for The Kit’s launch season of activity and we’ll be announcing our plans very soon.
You can expect an inspiring programme of activity that will include:
- A regular programme of performances
- Stories from some of Kent’s best storytellers
- Innovative exhibitions that bring to life treasures from the city’s collections
- A new programme of learning for young people
- Workshops to inspire you to create your own stories
- Innovative use of digital arts to find new ways to tell our city’s story
- A new and original Escape Room for Canterbury
- A digital suite to explore Canterbury’s stories and history