We are seeking exceptional people who can bring strategic thinking, expertise and a passion for the transformative power of the arts to the role of Trustee, at this important stage in The Marlowe’s development.
The Marlowe is a state-of-the-art theatre in the centre of the beautiful cathedral city of Canterbury, presenting and producing classic and contemporary theatre, musicals, dance, opera, music and comedy for and with the communities of Kent.
You will be joining us as we enter a new phase in our history as an independent charitable trust, under the leadership of our Chief Executive Deborah Shaw and Chair Jonathan Church. We are investing in our future, growing our producing capacity across all scales and extending our role as Kent’s major theatre; developing, nurturing and championing the creative talent of our vibrant region.
We are looking for trustees with skills and experience in the following areas:
- A leader in secondary education
- A community ambassador making a difference in east Kent
- An artist making an impact in music or digital arts
- A property professional with knowledge of our local area
- An individual with extensive knowledge of policy that impacts the arts
- We are seeking local, regional and national representation on our Board and we welcome submissions from people from all walks of life and backgrounds.
This is a voluntary position. Reasonable expenses will be paid.
We will be meeting potential trustees in September.